Sunday 3 May 2009

London Zine Symposium

I've had a busy few weeks, with everything happening at once as it usually does - London is so beautiful with sun!

Today I went to the London Zine Symposium at the Rag Factory on a road just off brick lane. Entry was free but with a donati
on (which you cant really refuse...) and it was packed full of really amazing zine artists and sel
lers as well as buyers and it was really great to see how many people were interested in it - makes me want to start my own (hopefully over the summer when i've got more time!)

(heres the link to their website: http://londonzinesymposium.lasthours.org.uk/)

There were some really great artists and zin
es on sho
w - I ended up buying "Bad Men & Mavericks -  the ultimate fanzine for the hopeless romantic" by Isabel Greenberg, which is super and full of lovely illustrations of mavericks through the ages! Here is a page that I got from her website, which is isabelnecessary.com (haaaaa)















I also purchased "The Manly Boys Annual" by Steven Tillotson and Gareth Brookes which is an amusing parody of a war period private school magazine, with articles such as how to skin a rabbit, how to tattoo yourself
 and "what the devil do women want", nice! Its really beautifully printed as well and my friends all got copies for thems
elves as well after seeing mine. You can buy it at the banal pig online but I couldn't find the artist's personal websites.



















The last thing I bought was a badge from hannah waldron - I've been a fan of her work for a while so it was nice to be able to buy something - I ideally would have purchased the larger book (as seen below!) but alas I am poor! Her website is hannahwaldron.co.uk



















There was also a zine that they were making on the day that anybody could contribute to, so me and my friends printed out some copies of some work to bring in and they got in the "zine fest zine" which is a bit exciting! Heres what I contributed:











No comments: