Tuesday 12 May 2009

Holiday?!

Well I've just broken up from my foundation art course (sorta...ive still got next week but theres no real reason to go in except for a couple of days) and i've got my exhibition next week, but it feels so wierd! like i'm missing out on a complete term, which is basically what I am doing.

Generally i'm not that keen on holidays because back at home I never really have anything to do and I get bored super easily - but hopefully not this year! Im making lists of places to visit in London before I have to move out of my halls and things to do and hopefully I will be getting a job to fill the time and make some much needed money, although finding a job is tough in these recession-y times!

My mum came down on Sunday and she wanted to somewhere new, so I took her on the big three East end market tour! First stop was Columbia Road Flower market, with a lovely stop at The Cake Hole behind the shop Vintage Haven for cakes and tea. Theres also the Rob Ryan shop on Columbia Road which i'd been wanting to visit for a while - heres the website:

http://www.columbiaroad.info/shops_5.html

http://www.vintageheaven.co.uk/

Next it was Sunday Up Market on Brick Lane and then a quick stop at Spitalfields before we had dinner at S&M (sausage and mash that is!) I was a little dissapointed as it was basically a glorified diner but with restaurant prices and not restaurant quality, nice but not really worth £8 at all. I did try Dandilion and Burdock drink which was absoloutly delicious! but also crazy expensive  - at least mum was paying!

No comments: