Saturday 18 April 2009

The Pop-Up Tea Shoppe

A couple of weeks ago I helped out with Lady Luck Rules OK! at the Affordable Vintage Fair in Bethnal Green. We had a "Pop-Up Tea Shoppe" there where we basically sold tea and a selection cakes but with a twist because we had 5 tables, each one based on a different era with a waitress to match! It was an early start getting there by 8 to set up, which meant i got up at 6 to leave the house at 7 to get two buses to get there in time!













































I made lots of mini teabags to put in the cups for the first customers to have (and ones on 
brooch backs for the girls working with me!)













I was on the products stall with laura, but it was crazy busy with the cakes completely going by about an hour and a half before the end of the night, so none of us got a cupcake in the end. I was next to a lovely hat maker who I think was called Genie, but im unsure...I wish I'd taken her card because her hats were amazing!












Look at all the fabulous bunting! 4oft of bunting = 240 triangles cut by me, sewn by harriet then trimmed and put onto the ribbon by me!












this is us by the end of the day, a little tired! (lr: Hannah, me, Laura, Harriet)















all pictures from lady luck's flickr.

No comments: