Wednesday 27 August 2008

Reading Festival

I actually returned on monday but have been busy since then - Reading was amazing but a bit scary on the last day with a delightful apocoliptic feel as people burned tents and danced insanely on the toilets! (or should i say excrement troughs? I think that description would be much more fitting!)

I will do a little review of the bands I saw (photos provided by www.bbc.co.uk/bbc3 or from flickr) on friday:

Future of the Left: possibly provided the best lyrics of the day with "SAUUUSSAGE ON A STIIIIIICCKKKKKK"













Pete and the Pirates: Angular and to the point, just playing no talking, wham bam thank you mam - but more pirate-y





Blood Red Shoes: Amazing as always! gorgeous as always! check check check!!! (preeettyy dreeess)
























Be Your Own Pet: wellll....I think they'd given up by this point! Drunk/ stoned/who knows, but from Adventure onwards they were good - but oh my goodness I wish i suited those jeans!









Caught the end of Florence and the Machine, Esser.... then
Friendly Fires: Probably the best show of the whole event! Brazilian dancers + Brazilian drummers + confetti + pretty friendly fires man = amazing!
















The Teenagers: Surpisingly much better than I thought live! Would deffinantly re-see. Poor singer fell of an amp onto his bum though, looked very very painful!



















Late of the Pier: Last time I saw them was in a tiny tiny Bar Academy venue in Birmingham so I was rather surprised when this gig was incredibly painful! They were in their pijamas. Their emails give me joy and this one is my favourite pierling...


















Rage against the Machine: Was an amazing experience to see these, even if just from afar! Very very political!
Will upload Saturday and Sunday once I have gathered more pictures! like a squirrel...or a stamp collector.

No comments: